Golf: Check back next school year for schedule
Girls Tennis: Check back next school year for schedule
Boys Tennis: Check back in the Spring 2018 for Schedule
Cross Country: Check back next school year for schedule
Girls/Boys Basketball: Game times for both Boys/Girls 3:30 p.m.
November 30th-Payson @ Mt. Nebo
December 7th-Spanish Fork @ Mt. Nebo
December 11th-Mt. Nebo @ Salem
December 14th-Diamond Fork @ Mt. Nebo
December 18th-Mt. Nebo @ Springville
January 4th-Mt. Nebo @ Mapleton
January 8th-Mt. Nebo @ Payson
January 16th-Mt. Nebo @ Spanish Fork
January 18th-Salem @ Mt. Nebo
January 22nd-Mt. Nebo @ Diamond Fork
January 25th-Springville @ Mt. Nebo
January 29th-Mapleton @ Mt. Nebo
February 1st and 5th: District Tournament. Girls will start at 3:30 and 5:15 p.m. @ Mapleton Jr. Boys will start at 3:30 and 5:15 p.m. @ Springville Jr.
February 6th: District Finals at Springville High School. Girls Championship games begins at 5:00 p.m. with the Boys Championship beginning at 7:00 p.m.
Track: Check back in Spring 2018 for Schedule
Wrestling: Matches start at 3:30 with weigh-ins at 2:24-3:00
NEBO SCHOOL DISTRICT
Jr. High School Wrestling Guideline
1. Junior High Wrestling is only for 7th, 8th and 9th graders.
2. Please communicate with the Principal and Athletic Director concerning budget, use of the facilities, transportation, scheduling, review of policies, etc..
3. Practice Schedule: A minimum of one hour and 15 minutes. Only 7th, 8th and 9th graders are allowed to be in the wrestling room at this time! At no time is a wrestler, that is on a Nebo School District Jr High team allowed to practice at any high school with a high school team during the wrestling season. Wrestler will be DQ for the season following the UHSAA rules. Only Jr high students are practicing with the team. (No elementary students)
4. Budget: All money will be collected by the school finance secretary through registration sign up. The participation fee is $50.00 with a bus. The Player Pack fee may be up to $40.00.
5. All purchases (equipment, uniforms, transportation, etc.) must be approved by the principal with a Purchase Order prior to purchase.
6. All students must be athletically eligible to participate (Physical, Insurance, Parent Consent form, 2.0 GPA, attendance, paid fees)
7. Junior High participants must wear school authorized uniforms in the appropriate school colors during all wrestling matches and the Nebo tournament.
8. All student/athletes will only be allowed to wrestle for the junior high school where they are currently enrolled. All wrestlers must wrestle in two (2) Nebo dual meets to qualify for the Nebo tournament.
9. Wrestling practices will start for the season of 2017-18, on Oct. 23, 2016.
10. All coaches, whether volunteer or not, must go through the state and district coach’s training, concussion, FirstAid/CPR courses and background checks.
**Nebo School District will no longer provide transportation for any meets other than Nebo School District’s Jr. Highs.
Nebo Jr. High Wrestling Schedule and competition rules for the 2016-2017 Season:
1. All competitions will take place on Wednesdays.
2. All dual meets will start at 3:30 PM unless otherwise coordinated by the coaches and administration.
3. Weigh-ins should take place at 2:45 to 3:00 to leave warm up time from 3:00 to 3:30 PM.
4. One mat should be varsity only using traditional dual meet format with team points kept according to high school rules. All mats must be cleaned with antifungal-disinfectant before competitions.
5. One mat should be for extras/JV divided into as many mats as is deemed necessary. Those matches should be taking place at the same time as the varsity matches. No team points will be kept for extras/JV.
6. The home team will provide volunteers for mats, weigh-ins, timers and officials.
7. The Nebo JH District Championships will be hosted this year at Diamond Fork Jr High. District champions will be decided at the Nebo Tournament.
8. Individual awards for the Nebo JH District Championships will be coordinated and paid for by Troy Bohling from the district office, with $200.00 taken out of each school’s athletic money.
9. The Nebo JH District Championships is for all eligible wrestlers who are part of the 7th-9th grade teams from only Nebo School district schools.
10. All long hair whether male or female must be pulled back tight with a hair band.
11. The team award for the district champions will be coordinated and paid for through the district.
12. The following 18 weights will be offered for this season: 77, 84, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120, 125, 130, 136, 142, 150, 160, 175, 190, 285
13. All rounds will be 90-seconds. Headgear and shoes are required. Mouth guards are not required. School approved singlets, fight shorts & rash-guard T-shirts or regular cotton shorts and T-shirts are all options for competition but they must be school colors with appropriate school logos or designation.
14. All weigh ins will be done on certified scales.
15. AD’s travel to other jr highs to weigh in for the final championship. All coaches will give a team roster to the AD before weigh in begins. ADs will help put in the names and weight on the computer program.
November 8th-Mapleton @ Mt. Nebo
November 15th-Mt. Nebo @ Spanish Fork
November 29th-Mt. Nebo @ Payson
December 13th-Salem @ Mt. Nebo
December 20th-Mt. Nebo @ Springville
January 3rd-Mt. Nebo @ Diamond Fork
January 10th-Nebo District Jr. High Championship at Diamond Fork starting at 9:00 a.m.
*Football, volleyball, soccer-these sport are not directly sponsored by Mt. Nebo Junior High, but 9th graders are allowed to participate with Payson High School or Salem Hills High School.
For information concerning the Mt. Nebo Junior High Sports Program contact Lynn Harmer, Athletic Director, at 801-465-6040.