Congratulations to our Panther Praise Winners for the week of May 9th to 13th.
- 7th Grade: Hannah Bibler (Mr. White), Joel Torres (Mr. Marziale), Jay Chavez (Mrs. Reber)
- 8th Grade: Blaze Finai (Mr. Marziale), Adrian Rodriguez (Mrs. Dinkel), Cheyenne Ballard (Mr. White)
- 9th Grade: Caitlin Slade (Mr. White), Shawnee Anderson (Mrs. Larsen), Denisse Navarro (Mrs. Olsen)
Congratulations to our Tennis team on their district competition held on May 9th and 10th.
- JV results (Monday)
- 1st Singles: Sam Devenport 7th place after playing a great tournament against 6 of the top players in the tournament.
- 2nd Singles: Tanner Peterson 6th place with a solid performance.
- 1st doubles: Hayden Heaten & Benny Chandler 3rd place, placing the highest for Mt. Nebo for the day.
- 2nd doubles: Zack Johnson & Bridger Johnson 7th place, losing some close matches.
- 3rd doubles: Jonathan Dodgen & Logan Dalley 6th place finishing an impressive first season of tennis.
They didn't do team placing for JV.
- Varsity results (Tuesday)
- 1st singles: Jacob Montgomery took 4th place against some of the best competition of the tournament. Jacob had an overall great season.
- 2nd singles: Trevor Wilcox 3 way tie for first. He ended up with a bronze medal for 3rd place with an impressive 6 wins and 1 loss for the tournament.
- 1st doubles: Bryant Giles and Luke McDonald played a great tournament placing 3rd, winning a bronze medal.
- 2nd doubles: Logan Cowley and Alex Slade finished in 6th place after losing a disappointing tiebreaker loss 6-8 early in the tournament that would've put them playing for 3rd and 4th place had they won.
- 3rd doubles: Josh McKnight and Caiden Tew took 4th place which was awesome and pushed our team into 3rd place, finishing higher than Mt. Nebo has done in the past.
- Mt. Nebo Boys tennis is a class act, known for their solid play and good sportsmans.Congratulations on a great season and thank you to Coach Wilcox
During the last week of April, Hayden Heaton and Dallas Jensen traveled to Houston Texas to compete in an international science fair called ISWEEEP. Over 60 countries were represented along with projects from over 40 states. At this fair Hayden and Dallas had the opportunity to share their science project with judges from across the world. After three days of judging and other activities these young men won a bronze medal for their efforts. This is the best and student from Mt. Nebo Junior High has ever done and we are very proud of their hard work and how they represented our school, our district, and our state at this international event. Only three projects from Utah were invited to attend, placing these young men into a very elite group of young scientists. Again, we are very proud of their hard work and look forward to the amazing things they will do in the future
Congratulations to our panther pride winners for the week of May 2nd to May 6th:
7th Grade: Madisen Radmall (Mrs. Lundell), Madisen Stubblefield (Mrs. Olsen), Jordan Luke (Mrs. Davis)
8th Grade: Guillermo Morales (Mrs. Wright), Josh McKnight (Coach Wilcox), Bryant Giles (Mrs. Eliason)
9th Grade: Kayden Kuhni (Mrs. Larsen), Thomas Bradshaw (Mrs. Cox), Daniela Rodriguez (Mrs. Miller)