MNJHS has been assigned to run two meets this season, one on May 5th at Payson High School and the other on May 11th-12th at Salem Hills High School, which will be the final district meet. We are in desperate need of volunteers to help us out during these meets. We will need about 24-30 people, and if there are enough we will have shifts and try to make sure you can see your athletes compete.
1. Help at finish line.
2. Record results at the different field events.
3. At the end of the distance events helping keep the racers in order of how they crossed the line.
4. Watching each of the hand offs during the relays to make sure they are in the appropriate zone.
5. Helping input results into the computer.
6. Other various areas as they arise.
If you are available and would be willing to help out please email Ms. Brady at email@example.com
This summer, Jr.High school students are invited to attend a fun 2-day workshop learning to code using Code.org’s App Lab and BBC’s microbit. Students will use App Lab to create apps that can be published and shared to run on any computer, tablet, or smartphone with a modern browser.
The BBC's microbit is a small hardware processing device (about 1/2 the size of a credit card). Projects will include: LED message display, thermometer, compass, connection to external LEDs, composing music, etc.
The registration fee for the two ½ days is $10. Registration is limited to the first 25 students at each site. Enrollment is open to current 6th-8th grade students in Nebo School District.