Dear Students and Parents,
It’s that time of year when music teachers are auditioning and putting together advanced classes for the upcoming year! Along with other changes occurring at Mount Nebo Middle School, we would like to create an Advanced Chorus with the incoming 6th and 7th graders. This will be a selection of students who audition and are selected for the opportunity. This is a FULL YEAR course! Please note that if selected, and if you choose to participate, changes in your schedule will have to be made if you are only registered for a half year.
Those interested will need to do 3 things:
1. Fill out the online audition form found here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdMESDZr6kcRPsHmrc8n3iboOaHbdLUYG9Noqtt066RmkWgCg/viewform
2. Record and submit the required audition items in the audition form (Part 2 of the form).
1. Sing “Row, Row, Row Your Boat” as a round with this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITvyJniLMGY
a. Choose either the 2nd or 3rd entry/part to sing with.
2. “I Love to Sing” exercise found in the form.
3. 1 minute or 16 measures of a song of your choice
4. Sing “Happy Birthday” A Cappella
5. Repeat phrase as played in the sample in the form (for tonal memory).
3. Request the CURRENT school teacher to fill out the student evaluation form found here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfAMGRpB_hAZhjYm93MFCnKpW5mlyg2m8k-MqdVY0MDr2a6EA/viewform
Please note you may practice items 1, 2, and 3 but DO NOT practice items 4 and 5.
Due date for these items is May 20, 2020!! The results will be posted by May 25.
Best wishes and good luck!
Choir Teacher, Mount Nebo Middle School